Tulare County Fair
the 20th Annual
CAR DEMOLITION DERBY
Open to Anyone
T.C.A.D.D.D has the right to refuse service to anyone
Saturday, September 15, 2018
Tulare County Fair
Gates open at 6pm, Show at 7pm!
Ron Adkins: 559-759-1155
T.C.A.D.D.D. 9797A Ave 196, Tulare, CA. 93274
Open to any U.S. hard top model stock car. No Imperials (Any Year), pickups, vans, convertibles, commercial vehicle (ambulances, hearses, etc.) will be allowed. Pre- derby cars are not permitted. * Station wagons of all makes and models can run at the Tulare County Fair.
All cars will be STOCK. No reinforced or modified cars will be allowed. The object is to take a stock car, make it safe, paint it up nice and crash it without spending hundreds of hours or $$.
Track officials may inspect all winning cars after the derby. Any cars found in violation may be disqualified and all entry fees and purse money will be forfeited and a one-year suspension maybe levied. Only the driver of the car will be allowed in the area during re-inspection (no pit crewmembers).
is our number one priority. PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING RULES COMPLETELY
- All glass, flammable material, and chrome trim must be removed. Rear seat must be removed. Stock gas tanks must be removed. No spare tires permitted in the trunk..
- DOORS: Doors must be welded or chained shut securely. Maximum chain diameter is 3/8". Welds must NOT exceed 2" in length and skip every 2" on outside of the door only. Chains are not to exceed 3 feet in length, 2 chains per door maximum.
- BARS: MANDATORY - 18" behind door post center may be welded or bolted behind driver’s seat from side to side. If the dash has been removed, an additional cross bar is allowed. All bars have a maximum diameter of 4" and a minimum diameter of 2 7/8". Door bars connecting to the safety bars are allowed. 4" diameter max and must not exceed 6" in front of the door hinges (forward).
Plate steel may be added to the driver door for additional safety. No other bracing is allowed.
- HOOD & TRUNK: Chained only, 4 chains on the hood and 4 chains on trunk. No all thread, maybe looped through the hood and the frame. No welding or bolts are allowed. Both must be open during vehicle inspection. Maximum chain diameter is 3/8” and may not exceed 5 feet in length. A 6" diameter hole in the hood over the carburetor is mandatory for fire suppression. Chains may only be bolted to the frame - not welded. Chains wrapped around the bumpers will not be permitted. Trunks and fenders may not be hammered on at all.
- WINDSHIELD VERTICAL SAFETY BAR: MANDATORY - One bar minimum, 3 bars maximum. Safety bar to be in windshield opening in front of the driver to prevent the hood from coming through. (1" Minimum diameter, 1 ½ " Maximum) Flat bar or angle iron only inside window frame, not towards trunk.
- BATTERIES: 2 automotive type batteries only. Must be mounted securely in the drivers’ compartment and covered with inner tube. (No plumbers tape).
- GAS TANKS: MMust be mounted securely behind the drivers' seat. Jeep Jerry cans or an equivalently safe container is recommended with 5 gallons of gasoline max. Punch holes in the floor pan around the tank for drainage. NO PLASTIC CANS or STOCK GAS TANKS.
- SEAT BELTS: MANDATORY LAP BELTS, optional shoulder strap. All safety belts must be securely mounted to the floor. Safety is priority.
- PAINT & NUMBERS:18" numbers are mandatory on each side. Paint your car sharp. We are here to put on a show. Your fans like nice looking cars being totally demolished.
- ENGINES AND TRANSMISSIONS:All engines and transmissions must be in stock position and use factory motor mounts. Welding mounts solid is recommended. Motor swaps ok (i.e. Ford motor in Chevy car ok), 2 Chains off head to frame, or 2 1 ½” flat bar from head to frame not to exceed forward.
- SUSPENSION:Stock Only! No raising or lowering - NO CLAMPS, WELDINGTAPE, NO NON OEM SHACKLES! All suspension must work no solid stiff, stock height only. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- FIREWALL:No cutting or modification, must remain stock. IF NOT YOU WILL NOT RUN. This rule will be enforced all night. DO NOT CUT FIREWALL.
- ELECTRICAL FUEL PUMPS OR PRESSURE SYSTEMS: NONE ALLOWED
- RADIATORS:Stock only and in stock position. Automotive types only, no bracing of support, no expanded metal. No seat belts.
- A/C CONDENSERS: Only one in front of radiator.
- BUMPERS: FACTORY STOCK ONLY. No welding of any kind allowed on any part of the bumper. No bumper trimming allowed before your heat.
- TIRES:Mud tires optional. No studs, no tire within a tire. No welding on wheels, no screwing of tires to the wheel. Tires to be filled with air only, no water etc. 700 x 15 light truck tire okay, 6 ply max. No tractor, airplane or 16" tires.
- BODIES: Must be relatively straight, look sharp, no trimming of the fender wells before heats. No welding anywhere except outside of doors for safety. No bolting anywhere. No bracing or reinforcing, cement, stock only.
- NO TRAILER HITCHES: All supports and brackets must be removed.
- FRAMES: Stock only! No welding bracing or reinforcement.
- TRANS COOLERS: Optional must be securely mounted in the drivers' compartment. Lines and cooler must be covered and sealed to protect against fire. Safety First! Ice OK.
- EXHAUST:Mufflers and tail pipes MUST be removed. Exhaust pipes are to be cut off behind the transmission to reduce the chance of fire. Zommies out of the hood are okay. (Small block Chevy, manifolds flip over & make nice zommies out of the hood, reducing heat in the engine compartment reducing the chance for fire).
- REAR ENDS: STOCK ONLY. No truck or flipped 3rd members allowed. Locked rear ends are optional. No swaps or coil leaf conversions. Rear ends must be same make as vehicle. (i.e. Ford on Ford, Dodge on Dodge)
- BODY TO FRAME HARDWARE: STOCK ONLY. Do not alter in any way, only OEM.
- HAND THROTTLE: Optional.
- SHIFTERS: Floor shift okay.
- FANS: Optional may be removed.
- DISTRIBUTOR SHIELDS: NONE ALLOWED
- TRANSMISSION PUKE TUBES:Highly recommended. Take heater hose, remove the dipstick and place over the filler hole and route it away from the heat of the engine compartment. Hot transmission foam is a major cause of derby fires.
- FUEL LINES:Use factory lines under the car, bring the line into the car as close to the fuel tank as possible. Use good fuel hose and clamp securely.
- We want this event to be safe and fair for everyone involved.We want you to build a car that looks good, is safe, inexpensive to build yet still be competitive. With the few exceptions stated in these rules, your car will be about as stock and appear street legal as possible. These rules are very detailed – if it is not listed here then it is not allowed. The only variations have been listed above.
DRIVERS’ SAFETY GEAR: MANDATORY
- Safety approved helmet.
- Eye protection - goggles or face shields.
- Coveralls - long sleeved.
- Helmets & seat belts are to be worn until the event is over.
Optional gear: Gloves are recommended, fire proof drivers suit.
- OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
- ONLY OFFICIALS AND CARS ARE ALLOWED IN THE DERBY ARENA- No pit-crew or family members.
- Only the driver can discuss the Derby with the Flagmen & Officials. Driver is responsible for the actions of his pit crew. Don't let your pit crew get out of hand - you will be disqualified.
- Violators are subject to having their pit pass revoked and be escorted from the pit area.
- In case of a fire a horn will sound and you are to stop your car immediately. Watch the flagmen! A RED flag will appear. When the fire is out you will go the green flag to resume the derby.
- Fires, the first one - if minor - is a warning. If the second fire is bigger you will be out.
- SAND BAGGING WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. You must hit another car within 2 minutes. If your car dies - you have 2 minutes to get it started and make contact with another car. Officials will KEEP TIME.
- NO HITTING DRIVERS DOOR! Flagrant or intentional hits to the driver’s door warrant disqualification. If you deliberately turn your driver’s door into the path of an oncoming car, you may also be disqualified. If the trunk has come open and you cannot see - is no excuse for hitting the driver’s door. Turn your car around and use the front end. We are only thinking of your safety. .
- KEEP ALL PARTS OF YOUR BODY INSlDE THE CAR AT ALL TIMES. Safety gear must remain on and your seat belt fastened. The only exception to this rule is fire. If your car is on fire, watch for the officials and other cars and exit the car carefully and quickly. Carefully break your flag once you are out of the car.
- NO TEAMING. This is a one on one derby. If you are caught teaming up on one car you may be disqualified.
- All DECISIONS AND INTERPRETATIONS MADE BY DERBY OFFICIALS AND JUDGES ARE FINAL. These decisions include, but are not limited to: car, drivers conduct, event and pit rules, allowable equipment and car modifications, fires, sandbagging, hitting of driver doors, teaming, protests and car re-inspections. All drivers, pit crew members and participants agree to comply with any decisions made by Derby Officials and Judges, including decisions regarding DISQUAUFICATIONS, EJECTIONS AND SUSPENSIONS.
- PROTESTS: $1,000 CASH PROTEST FEE, DRIVERS ONLY. To protest you must pay the cash up front. If you are wrong, the fee goes to the car that the protest is against.
- Crash your car hard and give the fans a good, clean, safe and exciting show. We encourage your crews to dress alike and be professional at all times. No fighting, consuming alcohol, or bad language will be tolerated. This is a family event and drivers and pit crew will conduct themselves in such a manner or they will be disqualified.
- There is a 15 minute time limit per heat. The top 5 drivers will advance to the Main Event.
- Cars will be checked entering arena. If caught cheating you will not run that heat. Same rule for the main event.
- No Refunds for any reason. If a car does not pass tech no refund will be given.
This is a good clean sport, let's have fun and good luck
|CAR AND DRIVER
||$100.00 ENTRY FEE
|PIT CREW MEMBERS
||$50.00 PER PERSON
|PIT GATE WILL OPEN AT:
|PIT GATE WILL CLOSE AT:
||$50.00 PER PERSON
- All drivers and pit-crew members must sign the release forms at the pit gate entrance. No one will be allowed into the pit area without the proper pit pass and signed release of liability form.
- NO CHILDREN UNDER 16 YEARS OF AGE WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE PIT AREA.
- Drivers must be 16 years of age or older. If a driver is under 18 years of age their parent or legal guardian must complete a release of liability. Proof of age will be required - no exceptions..
NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED IN THE PIT AREA
- All cars must be removed from the fairgrounds immediately following the derby. Clean up your pit area, take your trash and metal debris with you. Abandoned cars will be turned over to the police department for impound and any towing charges or resulting liability will be the responsibility of the car driver.
One heat of pre-derby cars, Tulare style ONLY
ALL DERBY INQUIRIES ARE TO BE DIRECTED TO
T.C.A.D.D.D., Ron Adkins 559-759-1155
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE FAIR OFFICE!!!